More and more people are realizing the advantages of
prearranging their funerals.
The process is simple, and the benefits to the loved ones who are left to handle the arrangements are well recognized. Some of the benefits of prearranging are:
- Pre-planning allows you to express your own wishes
- It means that your loved ones will not have to make a number of important decisions during a time of mourning
- Your funeral plan is transferable, in case you move away
- It relieves your family of the financial burden
- It allows your loved ones to spend their time comforting each other during a time of grief, instead of concerning themselves with the specifics of the arrangements
- When pre-planning, there are both guaranteed and non-guaranteed plans available to choose from
- It allows you the opportunity to discuss your final arrangements with family members to ensure clarity, and to ensure that those responsible are comfortable with all of your decisions
While there are several advantages to paying for all or part of your final arrangements during pre-planning with us, it is not necessary. Like everything else about pre-planning, paying for final arrangements is deeply personal and should conform to your situation and wishes. Many people prepay only for their monument and/or their casket. Since these items customarily increase in cost every year, prepayment is a practical way to minimize the costs that the family will be responsible for. We have several attractive options available for dealing with prearranged final expenses, and we will gladly review and discuss them with you to find the best one for you.
To see a list of the most commonly asked questions about final arrangements and pre-planning, view our FAQs.
Stevenson & Sons Pre-Planning Specialist – Lynn Anderson
In 1981, when Lynn was 11 years old, her family moved from Columbus, MT to Terry, MT. Lynn graduated from high school in Terry in 1988. Lynn’s son, Jared, currently lives in Bozeman, MT, but is planning a move to Phoenix, AZ. Lynn previously worked at the Miles City Star for 20 years in advertising. Lynn has joined Stevenson & Sons Funeral Home as a Family Service Counselor. In her position with Stevenson & Sons, Lynn helps families in our community and region to effectively pre-plan their services. Lynn enjoys spending her free time with her family and friends, along with working on projects around her home.
We recommend this website: WhyPreplan.org
Learn how pre-planning your arrangements can
give your family a gift they’ll never forget – peace of mind.
Our Custom Online Pre-Planning Form
You may begin the pre-planning process online now, in the comfort of your own home, by filling out our online pre-planning form – click here to begin the process. A staff member at Stevenson & Sons will contact you very soon after we receive it.
You can also download a pre-planning form, print and fill it out when you are ready.